Tuesday 27 September 2016

Day 38: Rest day in Corning

Our final rest day today and it is hard to believe that in a week's time it will all be over.  It was a lovely day outside (as have been all our rest days) although I admit I spent much of it inside resting.  I stayed up to watch the presidential debate last night and over a later breakfast some of my fellow riders expressed their embarrassment and offered an apology for fellow countryman Trump!  Riding through Ohio and Pennsylvania I have been surprised at the amount of Trump yard signs on display, maybe there'll be more Hillary ones as we head further east. Apart from laundry chores, a visit to the pharmacy, supermarket and local bike shop I did little else.  The bike shop had the biggest cat I've ever seen, a Maine Coon, apparently the largest domestic cat.  He didn't take too kindly to being stroked so I left him be guarding the shop, I didn't want to sustain an injury so close to the end of the trip.  We only have 6 more rides left although there are still some not insignificant hills between us and the Atlantic.

Outside the hotel looking down the main street in town

Guard cat, apparently he still not fully grown

No comments:

Post a Comment